CELEBRATING 27 YEARS IN BUSINESS
In applications where direct heating is not an option, heat transfer fluids are circulated between the heat sources and heat users. Thermal fluids are usually hydrocarbon based and can be either synthetic or organic. The fluids do not come in contact with the end products and can be heated to about 800°F in liquid phase systems. Thermic fluids are circulated through wood, gas, oil or electric heaters and are heated by heating elements, pumped to the process heat users and then returned at a cooler temperature to the heating elements to be heated again and pumped downstream in a continuous process.
These organic heat transfer fluids are stable when operated below their thermal stability limit and not contaminated by outside factors. However, occasional overheating from extended contact with hot elements or exposure to atmospheric air results in contamination and the formulation of carbon insolubles which collect and deposit on the surfaces of the thermal fluid piping and at the heat users. This kind of fouling and build up of solids on system surfaces reduces the overall efficiency of the process. It also increases wear of dynamic seals on main process pumps and can even cause burnout or cracking of the heater surfaces.
Liquid Process Systems (LPS) offers you an easy solution to remove these carbon contaminants from the system. Our filtration systems are known to help clean and increase the useful life of the heat transfer fluid and help maintain the efficiency of the entire process heating system. The LPS systems do not interfere with the normal operation of the hot oil circulation system by filtering the fluid on a continuous side stream basis. The fluid is drawn into the filter unit by tapping off from the existing main line piping and diverting a small percentage of the fluid through the filter housing. After the thermal fluid is filtered and cleaned, it is re-introduced to the recirculation pumping system.
Highlights of our filtration systems are:
Contact us today to discuss your industry or process-specific requirements for heat transfer fluid filtration systems or request a quote here.
- Our robust filtration systems operate flawlessly at high temperatures and provide accurate filtration to capture and remove of all kinds of contaminants.
- We stock and supply glass fiber wound elements because they can withstand higher system temperatures up to 750°F.
- Our filtration elements have excellent dirt holding capacity, are economical and are easy to dispose of.
- When requested by user, we can provide metal mesh filter elements though they can be difficult to clean and are considerably more expensive.
- LPS stocked filter elements range in micron sizes as large as 350 micron to as fine as 0.5 micron for truly custom mechanical filtering.